We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise in July

Which Te Anau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palmerston North...
2 posts
Save Topic
Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise in July

I will be in Queenstown in early July and was hoping to head down to Doubtful sound on a realjourneys wilderness cruise. I have already been to Milford and was hoping I could see another one of the fiords. However I am wondering if it is worth the money to do this (250 NZD) if it is in July - winter - or whether I should just not bother. Thanks so much for any advice

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise in July

Absolutely yes, I have cruised through Milford, Doubtful and Dusky Sounds and Doubtful was very scenic. I would do it again anytime.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise in July

Doubtful is magical in snow. Go, you will have a blast :)

Te Anau, New Zealand
Level Contributor
11 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise in July

Great idea - also note that there are options to do the trip from Te Anau now with specials of $150 and $199 depending on what company you go with - the cheaper being Doubtful sound cruises.com and the more expensive being with Real Journeys - both are great options and worht the $. Enjoy your trip. It is a special area in the winter.

Palmerston North...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise in July

Thanks for all the input :) sounds like I'm doing it then :)

Ireland
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise in July

Hi,

I'm wondering did you do Doubtful sounds last July? We are going to be in NZ this July and are thinking about doing Doubtul. Would you recommend it in July? We will have our son with us - he will be 8 months old. What company did you go with?

Thanks

6. Re: Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, April 17, 2013