We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wanaka to Te Anau

Arizona
Level Contributor
245 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Wanaka to Te Anau

I'll be spending 10 days on the South Island in February. Part of my itinerary involves a night in Wanaka and then immediately to Milford Sound the next morning. My question is what is the driving time from Wanaka to Te Anau? I saw there is a coach/cruise/coach that leaves Te Anau at 10:20 and wondered if it is possible to make it there in time from Wanaka. Otherwise we'll just drive to Milford Sound ourselves.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,642 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wanaka to Te Anau

If you drive from Wanaka over the Crown Range and on to Te Anau the drive is about 3 hours. If driving via Cromwell it would take an additional 20 to 30 minutes.

Happy planning :)

2. Re: Wanaka to Te Anau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, November 25, 2010