We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most reliable laundry in Queenstown

Anywhere
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Most reliable laundry in Queenstown

I'll be traveling to South Island this mid September using campervan. As I'm trying to travel light, I'll need to launder some clothes in the middle of my trip. Any suggestion on the best laundry I can go to? I have never used commercial laundry service anywhere before, so please assume I know nothing. I'd like to know:

How long usually are the washing and the drying cycles? Will I need to wait?

How much does it cost?

Does it provide the detergent and washing net bag or should I bring them myself?

Thank you so much!

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Most reliable laundry in Queenstown

If you stay in a holiday park it will probably have a guest laundry. If you need to get washing done this will probably be your most convenient option.

2. Re: Most reliable laundry in Queenstown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, June 10, 2015
Anywhere
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Most reliable laundry in Queenstown

Thanks, Jean W and Global-Travels!

Queenstown, New...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Most reliable laundry in Queenstown

Sure, the best laundry in My Laundry, Shotover St cnr Gorge Rd in town. Plenty of wash machines and dryers. There you can have self service or service as well. You can just drop off your laundry and the service will be done on the same day and go to enjoy your day in Queenstown...

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Most reliable laundry in Queenstown

My laundry was awful!!!! Not only the laundry was not ready by the time we were told to pick it up, some of our clothes were simply ruined! Not to mention that the woman was realy rude and overcharged us!

Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Most reliable laundry in Queenstown

Looks like a bit of nasty mouthy commercial rivalry in post 3 & 4. First time posters both of them, read with a grain of salt thrown in. Come on ladies get smart!

Oz
Level Contributor
12,619 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Most reliable laundry in Queenstown

Hi,

Arrh the joys of motorhomes. How about the cassette :-)Everywhere we have stayed in NZ has had a laundry.

This tip works in 4x4s so I don't see why it won't work in a mobile chicane:

Take a 20l plastic bucket with clip on seal lid. Add 5l water and a small amount of your favoured laundry detergent and your dirty clothes (not too many). Seal and place in mobile chicane where it won't fall over. At your next stop empty out (into suitable drain or tub), rinse and add fresh clean water. Next stop you will have clean rinsed clothes. Spread out to dry where there is a partially open window, assuming it isn't raining, tumble dry if you roll off the road.

Cheers,

Edited: 4:01 pm, December 18, 2014
New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Most reliable laundry in Queenstown

Not to mention this original post was submitted August 2013.

I do wish folk would read the dates first!

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,112 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Most reliable laundry in Queenstown

For the interests of others in the future, we needed a laundry today and could not find the one mentioned at #2 near the Bella Vista. We did use the Internet Laundry on the corner of Shotover St and Gorge Road to do self laundry. There is limited parking around the back of the building, and it is an easy walk down into the town for a coffee while waiting for the cycle to complete.

The machines are pretty standard units as found in most laundries, and we had no problems at all,

Edited: 4:48 am, February 19, 2015
Tauranga, New...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Most reliable laundry in Queenstown

We went to the new self service laundromat near the countdown supermarket at Frankton where there was plenty of parking for our camper.. Looks like it is brand new with small & large washers & dryers. We had a coffee next door and did our supermarket shopping why our laundry was getting done.