We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TSS Earnslaw Lake Cruises VS Walter Peak Farm Excursion

Which Queenstown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
7 posts
Save Topic
TSS Earnslaw Lake Cruises VS Walter Peak Farm Excursion

Real Journeys provide the above 2 activities. I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea which one to choose? There will be my parents and us (a young couple)... Ta!

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
156 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TSS Earnslaw Lake Cruises VS Walter Peak Farm Excursion

Hello,

The Walter Peak Farm excursion and including lunch or dinner is excellent. The food is wonderful and well worth including this on your itinerary. The trip up there on the Earnslaw is a relaxing experience and offers another way to view the lake and surrounds. They also have a sing along at night on the return trip.

This would be my pick.

Cheers :)

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TSS Earnslaw Lake Cruises VS Walter Peak Farm Excursion

I've done the farm tour with afternoon tea and can highly recommend it. The kids with us had a blast too :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TSS Earnslaw Lake Cruises VS Walter Peak Farm Excursion

My wife and I (both 60) did the Earnslaw Cruise with evening Walter Peak carvery/buffet dinner last week . We loved it.

Steaming across the lake surrounded by snow peaked mountains just before sunset is one the best 45 minute journeys you could wish to have. Sit inside and realax with a drink, wonder out on deck for a few minutes and breath the pure Nz air or climb down to the boiler room to watch them stoke the coal.

The carvery buffett was oraganised, delicious and generous.

The sheep dog herding and sheep shearing demo was a nice touch for us city folk. The 4 hours went too quickly.

Sydney
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: TSS Earnslaw Lake Cruises VS Walter Peak Farm Excursion

Thanks everyone!

Since everyone's given the farm excursion a big thumb up, I think we'll go for that too! -:)

Christchurch
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TSS Earnslaw Lake Cruises VS Walter Peak Farm Excursion

I haven't looked it up at all but does the farm excursion not include a trip on the Earnslaw? I thought it did...? So you would not need to book an additional lake cruise. Of course you could be talking about something entirely different...

Oz
Level Contributor
11,480 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TSS Earnslaw Lake Cruises VS Walter Peak Farm Excursion

Hi,

Like FoxyMX says. You can do the Cruise without the meal and activities at Walter Peak but you have to take the cruise to get there. In other words the cruise is a "stand alone" activity but the Walter Peak excursion is accessed from the TS Earnslaw. With either you have the sing-a-long on the return trip.

With 6 you get egg roll:-)

Cheers,

Edited: 11:40 pm, November 01, 2012
7. Re: TSS Earnslaw Lake Cruises VS Walter Peak Farm Excursion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 20, 2013