We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP / ADVICE PLEASE - 8 day Queenstown Itinerary Nov End

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
HELP / ADVICE PLEASE - 8 day Queenstown Itinerary Nov End

Hi guys,

Need help/advice with my itinerary around Queenstown for 8 days

We are 6 of us, 2 young couple and 1 middle aged couple, so we're looking to find the right balance feeling the adraneline rush down south and enjoying the peace & serenity. Below is my itinerary

Day 1 - 25th Nov

1hr Arrive Qtown – pick Rental Car ; 2hr Explore Arrowtown; 1 hr Drive to Wanaka via Cardrona Valley Road ; 4 hr Visit Puzzliing world

STAY @ Wanaka

Day 2 - 26th Nov

2hrs Explore Wanaka (Things to do ?); 5hrs Drive to Fox Glacier via Haast / Ship Creek; 2 hr Walk at Fox Glacier in the evening

STAY @ Fox Glacier

Day 3 - 27th Nov

4hr Fox Glacier Walk; 3hr Explore Franz Joseph Glacier (Things to do ?) ; 2hr Glacier Hot Pools @ Franz Joseph

STAY @ Fox Glacier

Day 4 - 28th Nov

What to do ?? Lake Tekapo ? Twizel ?? Mt Cook ?? Or another day at Fox Galcier ??

Where to stay ??

Day 5 - 29th Nov

4 hr Gondola / Luge in Qtown; 2hr drive Queenstown to Te Anau

STAY @ Te Anau

Day 6 - 30th Nov

5hr Drive to Milford Sound & Milford Cruise; 4hr Drive to Q town

STAY @ Queenstown

Day 7 – 1st Dec

3hr Shot Over Jet ; 3hr Nevis Bungy

STAY: Queenstown

Day 8 – 2nd Dec

Explore Glenorchy ; Explore Lake Waikatipu

15:45 Flight from Queenstown to Auckland

- Unsure about what to do on 28th Nov . Should I allow an extra day in Fox/Franz Joseph or explore any other place before tracing back to Qtown to get to Milford Sound !!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Wanaka
Wanaka
Otago Region, New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
North Island, New Zealand
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: HELP / ADVICE PLEASE - 8 day Queenstown Itinerary Nov End

Hi WanakaLakes & Zhuhai ,

Firstly, I hope I haven't come across too snippy in my previous posts. I respect every forum post, especially the ones from destination experts like yourseves. So kindly accept my apologies guys.

Its probably still not too late to make any changes to our itinerary given that we are over 2 weeks away from the trip. Going by your posts, Arthurs Pass is a must do so when driving back from Franz to Queenstown, am I better off breaking my journey in 2 parts i.e.

- Franz – Hokitika - Arthurs pass - Stay @ Arthur's Pass overnight ?

- Arthurs Pass - Lake Tekapo - Stay @ Lake Tekapo Overnight ?

In order to accommodate this, I’d have to bite the bullet & sacrifice a day in Qtown .. Enjoying the scenic drive and landscapes around AP, I trust will be worth giving up a couple of touristy activities in Queenstown.

Look fwd to your response

Regards,

Vishaal

12. Re: HELP / ADVICE PLEASE - 8 day Queenstown Itinerary Nov End

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, December 15, 2013