We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queenstown in nov/dec

Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Queenstown in nov/dec

Hi,

I am planning to head to Queenstown in the last week of Nov or the first week of Dec. by then it would be Summer, I was wondering if there is a possibility to be able to ski during that period? (anywhere down south is fine too)

There are many other activities that I can take up but I would love experience snow. If there is no way I can ski or play in the snow I am considering moving the trip to July when it will be winter there.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Esh

Level Contributor
306 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Queenstown in nov/dec

Queenstown district ski resorts all closed by early October. No South Island ski resorts open at end-November

Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Queenstown in nov/dec

Thank you on the prompt reply.

Seems like I have to change my plans. :(

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,955 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Queenstown in nov/dec

If you only want to play in the snow you have 3 or 4 choices:

1. Skiplane at Mt Cook, with glacier landing;

2. Helicopter flight at one of the west coast glacier (Fox or Franz Josef);

3. Private helicopter charter from QTN or Wanaka with snow landing

4. Visit the Antarctic Centre in Christchurch and play in the man-made snow!!

Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Queenstown in nov/dec

Thanks Zhuhai. Didnt know these options. I have to work a budget out and see if the trip will be worthwhile.

Singapore
Level Contributor
463 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Queenstown in nov/dec

Hi

Glacier Lakes Helicopters has an offer for scenic flights with snow landing on bookme. Offer still valid in Nov/Dec.

bookme.co.nz/bookings/…

6. Re: Queenstown in nov/dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 20, 2013