We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to The Remarkables from Queenstown

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to The Remarkables from Queenstown

Hi my family and I are going to QT in July for 7 days and I was wondering would it be best to get the 7 day pass on the Connectabus to travel back and forth to the ski fields ( The Remarkables, Coronet Peak ). My question is has anyone used the Connectabus transport for this purpose or are we better off paying the extra for the shuttle service that goes direct to the ski fields.

The problem is that the Shuttle fees are only a return each day whereas the Connectabus can be unlimited travel for the 7 days.

Does anyone have any suggestions !!!

Thank you in advance

Mentioned in this post
Coronet Peak
Coronet Peak
1,292 Reviews
Queenstown, New Zealand
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,192 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to The Remarkables from Queenstown

I guess what you have to weigh up is what are the cost advantages of 7 day unlimited travel but you take a tiki tour around greater Queenstown each way to and from the Remarks versus the cost of a direct return trip each day. One must bear in mind that you will only do one trip each way each day.

2. Re: Getting to The Remarkables from Queenstown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:42 pm, June 21, 2013