We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eastern Bays Scenic Mail Run

Which Christchurch hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
southern california
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Eastern Bays Scenic Mail Run

Is the Eastern Bays Scenic Mail Run worthwhile? It is highly rated, but I haven't noticed anyone commenting on it anywhere. It doesn't really fit into our plans, but was wondering if we should try and fit it in.

Thanks!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,252 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eastern Bays Scenic Mail Run

Go for it dave, it will be a once in a life time experience and you sure will get to see a lot of the peninsula. Hope you're good at travelling- lots of narrow winding gravel roads!

southern california
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Eastern Bays Scenic Mail Run

Zappers, thanks for the coments. As mentioned in my other post that you replied to, it looks like I won't be able to make this... (Queenstown to Fox Glacier to tranzalpine to christchurch).

I'm planning on hot air ballooning on my available morning in Christchurch. It'll also allow me to see other things around Christchurch...

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,252 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eastern Bays Scenic Mail Run

Ballooning will be a great experience! I think doing it the other way will be better in the long run. The mail trip would have been good but you can't do everything.

4. Re: Eastern Bays Scenic Mail Run

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, August 26, 2009