We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auckland & Wellington

Manchester
10 posts
Save Topic
Auckland & Wellington

Hi,

I've only got one night each in both Auckland and Wellington, for enjoying a meal and a few drinks I'd be grateful if I could have recommendations on where to go.

Many thanks

Moomoo

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
145 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Auckland & Wellington

Hi Moomoo,

In Auckland Harbourside Restaurant on the 1st floor of the gorgeous old Ferry building at the bottom of Queen St ( Auckland's main St ) www.harboursiderestaurant.co.nz or Kermadec restaurant or Brasserie www.kermadec.co.nz which are both at the Viaduct Basin also downtown in Auckland. All 3 Excellent fresh food and good views. In Wellington Logan Brown Restaurant www.loganbrown.co.nz or Boulcott St Bistro www.boulcottstreetbistro.co.nz. Both Wellington Restaurants in historic buildings + excellent food. Shed 5 Restaurant on one of the old wharves in wellington is also excellent www.shed5.co.nz & choose shed 5 from the top toolbar. Auckland ones mainly seafood which would have been swimming around that morning but plenty of other choices if you don't like seafood. Bon Appetit!!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Auckland & Wellington

KiwiExplorer's choices for Wellington restaurants are great if you are interested in a more 'upscale' dining experience. A couple of less formal options to consider might be the Matterhorn (www.matterhorn.co.nz) which attracts a lively clientele and often has live music. Ok, you could say that it's more of a bar than a restaurant (recently named NZ Bar of the Year) but they do reasonable food and it'll be a good introduction to Wellington nightlife if you've only got one night. You could also try Chow (www.chow.co.nz) for its contemporary 'Asian-style' food and excellent cocktail list, or dine and enjoy the live entertainment at the adjacent Chow Cabaret. Or you could just wander around Allen or Blair St at the end of Courtenay Place where there are a multitude of bars and restaurants and pick what takes your fancy!

Manchester
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Auckland & Wellington

Many thanks All for these recommendations, great stuff! I thought I hadnt posted this and have re-done it just now! Oops.

Moomoo

4. Re: Auckland & Wellington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 18, 2009