We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christchurch to Queenstown

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
60 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Christchurch to Queenstown

I am thinking about taking a tour that will transport my family from Christchurch to Queenstown via Mount Cook. I found Great Sights and Newman Coach tour options, however I cannot decide which company is a better value for the money. Can anyone recommend based either on personal experience or just company reputation? May be there are other better (and cheaper) companies out there?

Thank you!

Hassle Free Tours
Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Free Christchurch Walking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours
Botanic Gardens Tour
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Sightseeing Tours
Can NZ
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Te Anau
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christchurch to Queenstown

You can book either company with confidence. Both Great Sights (Tourism Holdings) and Newmans have been in the tourism business for ever.

There are any number of operators on this route. Some, such as Kiwi Experience,and Atomic Shuttles, cater more for the young person/back packer market, but all give a fully p[rofesional service.

Generally the more you pay, the better service you will get, but all cover the same route, and you will see the same scenery.

2. Re: Christchurch to Queenstown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, August 22, 2009