We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas specials - Oz to Chch

Which Christchurch hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WA
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Qantas specials - Oz to Chch

Any idea if Qantas is likely to release flight specials from Perth to Chch for travel in August/September?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas specials - Oz to Chch

Lately I find Air New Zealand more competitive than Qantas. Chch to syd was going for about nz$160 (seat only) few weeks back. Their price changes a lot so need to check often.

Edited: 4:25 am, May 22, 2014
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,405 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas specials - Oz to Chch

I routinely get e-mail specials from Air NZ. Unfortunately, the vast majority of their specials are from the eastern states. Best from this side of the continent is usually about $200 off published fares. Suggest you sign up to receive their e-mail and sit back and wait for a bit - they frequently have sales, but most are limited to purchase within 48 hours, so you have to jump when you see one that covers your dates.

I believe the Air NZ non-stop from PER to CHC is summer season only. Most likely have to go via Auckland in Aug/Sept.

WA
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Qantas specials - Oz to Chch

I have QANTAS credit to use that's why I need to fly with them. So I just wondered if they have winter specials usually?

Thanks all.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,240 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qantas specials - Oz to Chch

QF itself doesn't fly into Chch - we only get nasty Jetstar ;(

Since August is peak ski season there are unlikely to be any reductions until Sept, if then.

Edited: 5:40 am, June 07, 2014
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,048 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qantas specials - Oz to Chch

Suggest you subscribe to the Qantas website so that you can be advised as soon as any special deals are promulgated

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
606 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qantas specials - Oz to Chch

Qantas have some good specials to Sydney at the moment may workout cheaper to do 2 flights Perth Sydney Sydney CC

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
15,550 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qantas specials - Oz to Chch

From SYD, Qantas has one flight at 10:15am to CHC which is codeshare with Emirates on Emirates metal.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,164 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qantas specials - Oz to Chch

I think you can use Qantas points on Jetstar.

9. Re: Qantas specials - Oz to Chch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 13, 2015