We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quest Christchurch

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Quest Christchurch

Looking at staying at the newly refurbished Quest apartments in Christchurch. Has anyone stayed since they re-opened? What are the rooms like? Also is this a good location and any suggestions of nearby cafe's for breakfast.

Thanks

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quest Christchurch

Can anyone from Christchurch provide further information on the Quest apartments location. Would this be a good place to stay.

With thanks.

Christchurch
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quest Christchurch

Depends how long you are staying for. It's in what is left of the cbd, so more of a construction area. Handy if you only want to wonder around the cbd for a day. I would look at staying just out of the cbd.

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quest Christchurch

Thanks Mike. Just staying for 2 nights after a weeks drive around the South Island. Have any restaurants nearby re-opened or is it best just stay elsewhere?

Christchurch
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quest Christchurch

If you have a car then you can drive to a resturant. Not really sure what is open around there. Depends what kind of place you are looking for.

Christchurch, New...
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Quest Christchurch

They've only just reopened, and although the rooms are ready, there is still a lot of painting etc going on in the corridors and car parking area etc. They'll be fully functional once Cathedral Junction opens in a few weeks.

The rooms are nice - I took a look last week. Nicely furnished, very spacious. I would stay there, but then, I like central city, even though it's a shadow of its former self. There are restaurants etc around, but you have to walk 5 - 10 minutes, and they're scattered all over in various directions.

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quest Christchurch

Thanks for your responses and looking into it for us.

Cheers.

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quest Christchurch

Recently stayed at Quest Christchurch. Very enjoyable stay and would recommend staying here. Thanks Cesca11 for the reassurance. Reception staff especially Bess very helpful.

For further details see review.

8. Re: Quest Christchurch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, October 15, 2014