We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire --Toyoto Yaris or Corolla !! plzz suggest

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire --Toyoto Yaris or Corolla !! plzz suggest

Hi ..

We are confused which car to hire amongst these two ?? We are two people only and will be travelling by car in south island ...But confused amongst the two ..Corolla , we are getting is 2010 model and Yaris is 2011 /2012 ....

Which one would be more comfortable while driving ...Plzzzzzz please please suggest

New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire --Toyoto Yaris or Corolla !! plzz suggest

The Corolla is a bigger car than a Yaris, and therefore I think a bit more comfortable.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire --Toyoto Yaris or Corolla !! plzz suggest

The Corolla is a bit bigger, but both are small/medium hatchbacks.

Both cars would be perfectly adequate for travelling NZ, and to be honest both equally comfortable to drive.

I think the main consideration may be luggage space - the Corolla has a bigger boot, so can fit slightly more luggage - both cars have the ability to fold the back seats flat, so this give greater luggage capacity, but it is better not to do this if it is avoidable as it causes your luggage to be 'on view', which is a possible issue for security.

If you don't have really large luggage, and the Yaris is significantly cheaper, then I would go with the Yaris - if there is no major difference in cost, go with the Corolla.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire --Toyoto Yaris or Corolla !! plzz suggest

What about fuel consumption economy between Corolla and Yaris

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,080 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire --Toyoto Yaris or Corolla !! plzz suggest

Suggest you contact Toyota re specs for both vehicles. We are here to assist with travel enquiries not act as unpaid mechanics. More and more Taxis are changing to the Yaris and as fuel is a taxi drivers biggest expense perhaps they may know something

Edited: 2:31 pm, January 21, 2013
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire --Toyoto Yaris or Corolla !! plzz suggest

Thank you so much for replies ...In our country , there is no Toyota Yaris ....only Toyota Corolla ...Thats why I have put question here ...else I would have definately visited Toyoto Centre and would have compared the models ...

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire --Toyoto Yaris or Corolla !! plzz suggest

www.toyota.co.nz has all the specs and fuel consumption stats for all new models so you can get a rough idea...in general the Yaris will use slightly less fuel but depends how you drive it !!

PS. beanb - taxis are generally Prius if anything, not Yaris

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire --Toyoto Yaris or Corolla !! plzz suggest

The Yaris is a 1.3l vehicle, whereas I understand the Corolla is 1.8l. The Yaris will have better fuel economy.

Oz
Level Contributor
12,300 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car hire --Toyoto Yaris or Corolla !! plzz suggest

Hi,

If you are visiting in winter and plan on going to the alpine areas neither are totally suited. An AWD would be a better bet in these circumstances, don't forget the chains. If you are outside of winter I would go with the larger vehicle as it won't be quite so breathless at altitude. Really the difference in fuel consumption between the two is miniscule and may be less with the larger capacity vehicle not having to work as hard.

Cheers,

Edited: 7:40 pm, January 21, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car hire --Toyoto Yaris or Corolla !! plzz suggest

as others have said, corrolla is bigger.

had one for 3 weeks from Apex, and for the two of us it was fine.

6 speed manual, air con and cd player

have fun!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car hire --Toyoto Yaris or Corolla !! plzz suggest

Thank you Everyone !!! We are going in March , so no issues with winter season ....Thanks for all clarification !!! There is not much difference in cost mere 44 dollars between Yaris and Corolla ..