We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest route of flying to NZ

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest route of flying to NZ

Hi

I am planning a trip to NZ in July-2013, from India. However, even 6 months in advance, the flight return fare is a minimum of 85K.

Is there a cheap route of flying to Christchurch/Auckland/Queenstown from any city in India, through multiple flights etc?

Please help me on this.

Thanks!!

Fort Riley, Kansas...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest route of flying to NZ

using Kayak.com, and giving your trip a length of around 3 weeks, I found one-way tickets there for a total of $1200. Getting more specific with flights leaving from Queenstown may change the price a bit, but it really shouldn't be too bad. It's a good starting point anyways, good luck!

kayak.com/flights#/…2013-07-31

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest route of flying to NZ

Use lots of comparison sites, Kayak (as mentioned above) Sky Scanner (give you alternate route options too), Fare Compare. In general flights between capital cities tend to be cheaper, for example I'm in England and it's cheaper for me to fly from London Heathrow to Auckland than Birmingham to Christchurch.

Flight prices do vary a lot, you can get very cheap flights last minute but the lay overs tend to be long, I have found the best prices with good routes too tend to be 6 to 9 months prior to travel.

Edited: 6:19 am, December 18, 2012
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,521 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest route of flying to NZ

You might find it cheaper to book a return trip into SYD and then one ways across the Tasman eg into ZQN (Queenstown) or Christchurch and out of AKL

Oz
Level Contributor
12,300 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest route of flying to NZ

Hi,

If I were you I wouldn't start from there!

Like zhuhai2007 says. You are more likely to find a budget fare to OZ and travel on from there.

Cheers,

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
10,974 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest route of flying to NZ

It was cheaper for us to fly to Aukland and then take a grabaseat flight to Christchurch. http://grabaseat.co.nz/

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest route of flying to NZ

Are you looking for flights out of Mumbai ?

Even i am a resident of mumbai but still flying out of New Delhi to Auckland

Your best bet is to keep tracking fares from New Delhi to Auckland and back. Try makemytrip.com

The lowest i have seen is around INR 42000 return per person

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheapest route of flying to NZ

Thanks a lot. Yes I did find cheaper fares to Sydney rather than directly into Christchurch.

8. Re: Cheapest route of flying to NZ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 24, 2013