We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late departing flight - what can i do beforehand ?

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Late departing flight - what can i do beforehand ?

WE are traveling with 2 kids and departing CHCH on a flight that ;eaves at 1am. We will have previously dropped off a campervan, probably around the 4-5pm time.

After we have done this (not sure if its city or airport location) what can we do to kill time before our flight bearing in mind we have luggage and 2 kids with us and no further rented transport.

Suggestions most appreciated

Thanks

LL

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,392 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late departing flight - what can i do beforehand ?

If you I would check into a motel near the airport, drop off the campervan early, spend a couple of hours at the Antarctic Centre which is right beside the airport (it closes at 5.30pm) then return to your motel/hotel and enjoy a relaxed dinner. The kids can sleep or watch a movie before time to go check in for your flight.

Safe travels :)

2. Re: Late departing flight - what can i do beforehand ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, June 01, 2013