We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time to allow? Christchurch..

Which Christchurch hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
K M
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How much time to allow? Christchurch..

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to figure out which activites to do to fit in for time.

How much time should I allow to spend at Orana wildlife park, Christchurch botanic gardens and also Adrenalin forest?

Thanks!

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,054 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time to allow? Christchurch..

Orana Park is a small zoo. Unless you have children with you I wouldn't rate it high (compared with Taronga Zoo). in fact I would recommend Willowbank for the kiwi & other NZ wildlife instead. Either would take a couple of hours max. The Gardens depends on your interests and the season. Do you take lots of flower photos? 1-2 hours, including coffee at the kiosk or just outside the gardens at Antigua St Boatshed.

I don't know the Adrenalin Forest.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
329 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time to allow? Christchurch..

Orana Park is 80 hectares. I'm not sure how big most zoos are, but this seems quite large to me. I'm sure I could easily spend 3-4 hours there. Willowbank Reserve is also good.

Adrenalin Forest is great fun. It has a time limit of 3.5 hours on the course. Also allow time for travelling there and getting fitted with the harness and going through the safety session. Take a backpack with a drink & snacks if you like, you can leave it under the trees. Consider skipping the low/easy routes if you are confident, or you may run out of time for the big ones!

I would find an hour or two at the Botanic Gardens enough, but if you have an interest in plants and flowers you may need much longer than this!

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How much time to allow? Christchurch..

If you have a car to get you around you can do all three activities in one day during summer (simply because the days are longer and supposedly warmer).

4. Re: How much time to allow? Christchurch..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:07 pm, June 07, 2013