We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stay one night near airport or city

Hong Kong
2 posts
Save Topic
stay one night near airport or city

after joining a local tour, we are flying off in early morning next day. I am wondering where to stay for one night, Russley Hotel nearby airport, or YMCS in city centre. Any suggestions? thanks.

Stevens Point WI
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: stay one night near airport or city

i was living in Christchurch fpr 4 months, if you have a bit of the evening befor you fly out woulf for sure stay downtown, you could at least see some of the sity that way. there are bus's that you can take (depending on your flight time for $5 nz or else a cab is only $15-20nz. there is a lot to see and doo, nice resturants and bars in the downtown area...shopping to, at least window shopping if it is to late. ENJOY!

Mentioned in this post
Christchurch
Christchurch
Canterbury Region, New Zealand
London, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stay one night near airport or city

i agree. The city is very small and the airport very close compared to most cities. A cab would be $20 most so may as well see a bit of town as there is nothing much to see round the airport!

christchurch
Level Contributor
143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stay one night near airport or city

Unlike Hongkong Christchurch airport is about 15 minute drive in a taxi from downtown where most hotels are situated. Russley is halfway between the city and airport, the YMCA do not have staff early mornings so not recommended, but all other places will be served by taxis, there is no night surcharge. As recommended by others stay in the city and get a taxi. Checkin will not take more than 10 minutes as they are fully manned, and as the taxi will stop you three minutes walk to the checkin counter so really no worries.

Mentioned in this post
Christchurch
Christchurch
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
191 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stay one night near airport or city

http://www.sudimahotel.co.nz/

700 meters from airport

christchurch
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: stay one night near airport or city

Try the HIGHWAY INN on www.highwayinn.co.nz

Just 4 minutes by taxi from airport. located on North/South bypass - ideal overnight stop.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: stay one night near airport or city

Hi if you have had enough of Christchurch and want to stay near the airport we just stayed at Airways motel and they have a courtesy bus which will drop and pick up 24 hours a day. Super friendly people/.Will even drop you off at the local Antartica attraction which is worth a look. and will drop you at the local hotel for a meal too. There is a bus outside motel to city too.Great rooms.

Mentioned in this post
Christchurch
Christchurch
Airways Motel
Airways Motel
481 Reviews
Christchurch, New Zealand
Albany, NY
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: stay one night near airport or city

As far as sheer quality goes I'd stay at the Copthorne Commodore Hotel. It has a great restaurant, newly decorated rooms and an indoor/outdoor pool. If you want to stay on the cheap the Russley is your best bet. They serve a good dinner every night but I don't think they have much else to offer. I had one of the older rooms and it reminded me of a youth summer camp cabin.