We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do for 2 weeks in the South Island during winter ?

Miami
1 post
Save Topic
what to do for 2 weeks in the South Island during winter ?

Hello, i am planning a trip for winter 2008 around the south island.. we'd love to go skiing ! since it's winter, i was wondering what other types of activities or places you can recommend...

I m flying in an out of Auckland

thanks !

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do for 2 weeks in the South Island during winter ?

Hi,

I think you can do the usual round trip around the Island. Fly to CH CH and then drive north to see Kaikoura, carry on around to Nelson Motueka. You will be able to do the Able Tasman walk in winter . Travel down the West coast, if you wish take a side trip up into the Arthurs Pass, you could do some skiing while in there. Carry on down to Wanaka / Queenstown. Milford sound. Back to CH CH via Tekapo, you can ski there also if you wish, or you could go see the Pengiuns in either Dunedin or Oamaru.

Winter in the South Island can produce some of our most settled weather. As there will be not so many people. I'm sure you will frind the trip quite relaxing.

2. Re: what to do for 2 weeks in the South Island during winter ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 13, 2009