We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in Christchurch

Which Christchurch hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hong kong
7 posts
Save Topic
Accomodation in Christchurch

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in NZ South Island in Dec 2007. We have booked a tour which arranges our route and accomodations along the way. We are planning to stay for 3 more nights in Christchurch after the tour before we return to Hong Kong. Any suggestions on where to stay ?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation in Christchurch

If you are looking for a hotel in Christchurch here is some advice i hope is helpful...!

Try looking at

- The Rydges Hotel

- The Grand Chancellor

- The Corpthorne

Also, dont forget to go to Sumner Beach, there is lots to do ( for NZ standards!!), if visiting in the summer.

Try going in the gondola up the port hills, great views and a nice cafe/ reasturant.

Hope i have helped

Thanks

(i am a local so i am not just telling on my own experience)

Rangiora, New...
Level Contributor
268 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation in Christchurch

Hi where are you staying in Christchurch when with the Tour? 90% of accomodaton in Christchurch is fairly good. I would suggest you look at www.wotif.com which may give you so indication as to tpe and price

hong kong
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation in Christchurch

We would be staying at Corpthorne Central Hotel with the tour. Is it good? We plan to go for the 'whale-seeing' boat trips after the tour ended, before we fly back. Where is the best place to stay to facilitate our plan?

Many thanks!

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation in Christchurch

You can go to Kaikoura for whaling watching, it is about 2.5 hours drive from Christchurch. You can also make a small diversion and go to Hanmer Springs and stay another night there.

Ilkley
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation in Christchurch

Clearwater Resort is a bit special - nice for a Honeymoon - our friends stayed there for theirs. If it's a bit pricy for you, check out the late deals on www.wotif.com and they reduce the price for late availability!

A

hong kong
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation in Christchurch

Currently we are interested in Heritage Christchurch. Is it ok?

Braintree, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation in Christchurch

Hi.

We stayed at the Salerno Motel in Christchurch in April this year. It had just opened, and was best and most comfortable accomodation we have ever stayed in (and we demand the best!). It also has a honeymoon room. The owners were friendly and most helpful, and we couldn't believe how inexpensive it was for the quality - we were also able to pay for my brother and his wife to stay there. When we return to New Zealand, we will definately stay there again and for more than just two nights.

Barbara.

Kildare
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodation in Christchurch

Hi,

We stayed in the Heritage Christchurch in October of this year. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for somewhere central (right beside the cathedral) and with a bit of character (the old government building apartments).

We were booked into an apartment suite in the old government building. It was a spacious, split level apartment with a full kitchen.

The "laundry service" was an old washer/dryer in the bathroom, but it worked.

Staff were very helpful. Breakfast in the restaurant was good. The views from the room weren't great as we had a view of a car park (!!), but street noise was minimal. Hotel parking cost us an additional 10-15 NZ dollars per day.

Hope this helps....

9. Re: Accomodation in Christchurch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 11, 2009