We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

self catering around christchurch

england
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
self catering around christchurch

My daughter moved to n/z two years ago, my wife and i went over last year for a four week stay, at her home. But this time there are so meny people going that it would be to hectic for us, as im a pensioner, also im dissabled. Somthing self catering, in or arouned christchurch, we are staying for six weeks, also not to exspensive. The dates we arrive, 30/01/2008.

if any body can help i would much appreciate it.

Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: self catering around christchurch

I cant help you too much as far as accomodation is concerned, other than suggest the motel units at motor camps may be suitable.

It would pay to try to be resonably close to where your daughter lives otherwise any savings on cheap accomodation is used in the traveling to see her regularily.

taupo
Level Contributor
720 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: self catering around christchurch

Renting a furnished holiday home may be the answer. A company called Alternitive Accommodation have houses for long stays in Ch Ch.

I found them doing a search on www.tourism.net.nz Under Holiday homes.

Real estate companies also handle holiday homes. You could try them.

Also the CHCH tourism information centre ( i site )may also be able to help.

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: self catering around christchurch

A holiday house may be best for 6 weeks, it'll be a bit more roomy, and may not work out as expensive. Although if you enquire at a motel/hotel you may be able to get a discount rate for 6 weeks.

Have a look a these sites

www.holidayhouses.co.nz/Christchurch.asp

holidayhomes.co.nz/for-rent/…

http://www.bookabach.co.nz/__Canterbury.cfm

accommodationinnewzealand.co.nz/southisland/…

www.kiwigetaway.com/simpleSearch.do…

For motels...

http://www.aatravel.co.nz/main/index.php

england
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: self catering around christchurch

thank you for your quick reply, the imformation you sent me is very helpful. again thak you

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,869 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: self catering around christchurch

I've only just seen this so hopefully you have already sorted something out. However another possibility is house-sitting. You could look at the University of Canterbury "diary" and see if anybody wants a house-sitter at that time. www.canterbury.ac.nz

england
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: self catering around christchurch

Thank you for replying to my e.mail. No, i,v not found any were to stay yet , but try the information you sent me.

again thank you.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: self catering around christchurch

I am trying to find suitable accommodation for my disabled sister and her carers for early Feb next year., in Queenstoen and in Christchurch...other than motels, it is really difficult to find places-there does not seem to be any site which specifically caters to people with disabilities, in terms of accomm at least -some of rhe sites listed above have an advanced search for disabled access, but what I really need to know about is the layout of the bathrooms and they never tell you that. It is SO time consuming, and most of the baches and houses which sound suitable are already booked out. Any other suggestions welcome!

8. Re: self catering around christchurch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 08, 2009