We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic restaurant

Which Christchurch hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
392 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic restaurant

Hi,

We'll be in Christchurch just ahead of our anniversary (on the anniversary we'll be 'kiwi experience'-ing so maybe won't find anywhere couple-y!!) and would really appreciate any romantic restaurant recommendations in the city centre. Not ball busting expensive if possible but somewhere quaint or stylish with local food and great NZ wines!!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic restaurant

Hello NixKitz,

Take a look at this website:

christchurchnz.net/canterbury/searchresults/…

district=christchurch&category=restaurants-

2&whichsearch=searchOperators&listingType=PROD

(sorry, you'll have to take out the blanks in the website address, as TA has a limit and won't allow anything longer than 140 characters).

I think some of the websites provided there might help you out - at least I hope so!

When my husband & I were in Christchurch last year, we ate at an Italian restaurant, "Valentinos". The food & wine were quite good, although I don't know that I would necessarily call it 'romantic'. The tables were candle lit, however, because it was so busy, it was a bit noisy.

Good luck & happy anniversary:o)

London
Level Contributor
392 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic restaurant

Thank you Pitapita - I will investigate the website and the italian restaurant!

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic restaurant

these website has a list of restaurants too

www.whatsonchristchurch.co.nz/Dining.asp

http://www.whatson.org/dining0.htm

If your budget allowed it I would go to Rotherams of Riccarton, it's the most popular restaurant in town for romantic dinners. :-)

http://www.rotherhamsofriccarton.co.nz/

for reviews of restaurants by customers look a this website

www.dineout.co.nz/allresults.php…

London
Level Contributor
392 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic restaurant

Kiwigirl - thanks so much for your informative weblinks. That restaurant looks fab. Will look for other reviews too for the other nights we'll be there!

Christchurch NZ
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic restaurant

I have heard some great things about The Octagon. Could be what you are looking for! www.octagonlive.co.nz

6. Re: Romantic restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Christchurch