We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire Pegasus , do not use

france
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
car hire Pegasus , do not use

Do not use this car company . Our car had over 300,000 kms , smelt of vomit , they would not change and then broke down the morning we were to fly out . No after hours cover , and do not answer phone during office hours , very inflexible and poor customer service . DO NOT USE !!!!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,130 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire Pegasus , do not use

Why did you choose this company - I bet it was on price

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire Pegasus , do not use

Pegasus is a group of independent franchises. It would be helpful to state which location you used.

Mount Maunganui...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire Pegasus , do not use

which centre was it that you used cheers

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire Pegasus , do not use

I have recently used Pegasus North Shore and Pegasus Napier and earlier on used Pegasus Dunedin - they were in all cases great to deal with, the Napier outfit in particular. Yes, their cars were older, but none presented any problems.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,130 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car hire Pegasus , do not use

The first timer OP popped upover three months ago abused a reputable company and then disappeared without a by your leave. Is it any wonder that first timer posts critical of a business are treated with disdain by many.

Edited: 3:45 pm, May 02, 2011
Nelson, New Zealand
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: car hire Pegasus , do not use

My name is Nicki Turnbull, Marketing Manager of Pegasus Rental Cars, National Support Office.

Nicola, can you please let me know which of our Pegasus locations you rented from so I can check into your comments.

We have standards across the group for our vehicles along with break down procedures and all branches have roadside assistance cover, so would like to investigate to see what has gone wrong so we can ensure the processes are working for this branch.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards, Nicki.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,130 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car hire Pegasus , do not use

Nikki the chances of this supposed customer reappearing after 6 months is very unlikely. This is not untypical of a number of 1st time posters to TA which is why many of us treat their comments with disdain

Edited: 10:27 pm, July 24, 2011
Nelson, New Zealand
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: car hire Pegasus , do not use

Thanks very much for that.

I have just joined TripAdvisor for Pegasus Rental Cars and saw the comment and wanted to respond and see what we could do for them. But yes I realise it has been a while and I will make sure from now on I stay on top of comments :)

Regards, Nicki.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,130 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: car hire Pegasus , do not use

Welcome on board. The Rental car business is a topic of often heated debate as you will no doubt find.

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: car hire Pegasus , do not use

I have used Pegasus on more than one occasion - the last time hiring a car in Auckland to go to the Bay of Islands. Everything went very smoothly and my car , whilst not brand new, appeared clean and well maintained. I think they are a good company to use and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Edited: 5:12 am, August 06, 2011