We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel apps

Sydney, Australia
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel apps

Hi,

Has anyone had experience with any of the many NZ travel apps available?

I am looking to download some for my upcoming trip, be it apple or android.

Cheers Russ

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel apps

I recently started using an app called: Tripit

Very useful to keep track of your itinerary. You're also able to enter in details of where you're staying, flight numbers, etc ...

You can also access the app offline, however you won't be able to update it unless you've got access to the Internet.

Sydney, Australia
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel apps

thanks Phil, I will have a look at that one.. So far I have checked out the Essential NZ and Triposo these look good for places to see hotels etc. The Triposo has off line maps which should come in handy. I like the idea of the itinerary tracker in Tripit.......

Cheers.

California
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel apps

CamperMate is a good app, and not just for campers. It will show you the locations of gas stations, groceries, and points of interest as well as numerous other features.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel apps

If you will need to rent a car I’d recommend this helpful app http://www.carrentalsmarket.com/android/ it will allow you to find best deals from anywhere any time. I’ve used it a few times and I’m satisfied with their service.

South Island
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel apps

Perhaps an app should be made available to tell overseas/nz visitors where the toilets are located to stop the unwashed masses from crapping in our pristine areas. I appeal to all travellers to do everything possible to stop or discourage such behaviour.

Christchurch, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel apps

Yes, campermate mentioned above does this.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel apps

Have a look at the Rankers.co.nz website

Has a downloadable app with camping sites (free and $) plus things to do and see. It can be downloaded so it can be used without an internet connection.

I am just starting my planning for October this year and had this recommended by one of the local experts. Each point of interest and campsite also has reviews attached made by travellers.

Have fun!

Ahmedabad, India
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel apps

You can download best Travel apps for iPhone, iPod and iOS 8 / 7 Devices using this.

howtoisolve.com/best-iphone-travel-apps-in-2…

Using this apps you can track location, cost, money on map perfectly and easily.

Joshua Tree...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel apps

I've been using both the Rankers app and CamperMate to get an idea what is where. The CamperMate is much more comprehensive. Both have been very helpful. If you get an NZMCA membership, their camping guide book is probably the best.

Edited: 11:00 am, February 20, 2015
10. Re: Travel apps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 22, 2016