We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long term car hire

Phoenix, Arizona
2 posts
Save Topic
Long term car hire

Hello,

I'm having a hard time finding reliable information and pricing on hiring a car from beginning of March to middle of May on the South Island. We'd arrive in Nelson and leave out of Queenstown. The few places I received quotes from seemed very over priced. Any suggestions?

Cole

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Long term car hire

I have hired from Apex in Queenstown and they also have a branch in Nelson

apexrentals.co.nz/RentalCarLocations/nelson-…

Their prices are usually very good and you can get a range of vehicles from near new to fairly old models

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
36,397 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long term car hire

Your problem is the different pick-up/drop-off locations. Most of the cheaper companies only have depots in Chch & Queenstown. Sounds like Apex is one of your best options. Often they are negotiable if you contact them directly, rather than rely on their online booking site.

3. Re: Long term car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 01, 2015