We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11 Weeks Accommodation in Wellington??

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
11 Weeks Accommodation in Wellington??

Hi there,

I will be staying for 11 weeks in Wellington, and was wondering whether you have some good suggestions about places to find short-term rentals? I've already searched in trademe and in holiday rental sites, but I am not finding anything I like.

The dates are from May to August, and the rent is up to 300NZD per week (1 person).

Many thanks for your suggestions!!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,098 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 11 Weeks Accommodation in Wellington??

Suggest you try the student accommodation providers, they may have something for you. $300 for fully furnished is not going to be an easy find. One pays that amount for unfurnished flats in suburbs.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 11 Weeks Accommodation in Wellington??

This is slightly over $300, but may be worth looking at.

http://www.capitalaccommodation.co.nz/

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
746 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 11 Weeks Accommodation in Wellington??

I can only suggest the YHA Wellington City - Backpacker in Wakefield Street for the price you want to pay. It is centrally located and seems to get the best reviews for Backpacker Accommodation in the city.

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 11 Weeks Accommodation in Wellington??

Try trademe sometimes they will have some short term rentals - or what about air bnb

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
33,610 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 11 Weeks Accommodation in Wellington??

Yes, I was going to recommend Air BnB. You might get a virtual house -sit from somebody going abroad.

6. Re: 11 Weeks Accommodation in Wellington??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 04, 2015