We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you think of Wellington hotels in general?

Which Wellington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,743 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
What do you think of Wellington hotels in general?

I do not think that Wellington has really done its best to provide good high class accommodation. I have stayed at many hotels in Wellington and find most of them lacking. Only 5 star hotels ( who rates them? ) are the intercontinental and the Duxton.

The intercontinental rooms seem to vary in terms of quality and size and rarely have a view that is worth talking about.

The Duxton has great views, great location but tired and boring rooms.

Why should guests have to pay for Club floor when all rooms in a hotel declaring itself to be 5 star should be at that level of comfort anyway?

Just my twopence worth:)

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,743 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What do you think of Wellington hotels in general?

City Life is very NOT 5 star :)

In terms of a good comfortable bed, the Duxton is fine.

Book their club room.

It is best to try an dget a good deal.

Trty their own website, they have specials or www.wotif.com and then compare it with www.ratestogo.com

But dont forget to check their own website too.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What do you think of Wellington hotels in general?

My husband and I are going to see my son next week who lives in Wellington. He moved there in may. I did so much research on where to stay. Typically, I am not a B&B person, but from all I read, I decided on Boutique B&B's. I have the bad back from hell and I decided I might have a better chance with a quality B&B. I used the qualmark rating system to find what I wanted. The three of them we are staying are all four to five stars. My son has a room in a house with three flatmates, plus his housekeeping standards are real high. hehe

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What do you think of Wellington hotels in general?

Sorry I meant to say my's son's housekeeping standards are NOT real high! By the way is the weather improving. He said it had rained a lot recently. I would love for the sun to shine while I get to see that beautiful country. Probably never get to see it again. Unless my husband I can find a way to move there.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,743 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What do you think of Wellington hotels in general?

justinsmom, the weather is generally getting better now as we approach summer......

Did you know how windy wellington can be?????

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: What do you think of Wellington hotels in general?

hemikiwi, I am Justinsmom but somehow I will sshow up on another name.(Jean) Guess this name got lost in the shuffle. Anyway, yes I do know how windy Wellington can be. We were just there visiting my son and got back last week.

Yes, it's windy but we could not have asked for better weather. Perfect for the two weeks on the north and south island. My son loves living in Wellington and he moved there last May which was the beginning of winter. UGH.

But, I have no complaints except that we had to come home from that beautiful country!!

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,743 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: What do you think of Wellington hotels in general?

Just stayed on the Club floor at the Duxton.

Not worth the extra money and woudlnt bother again!!