We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orange Apartments VicCentral Wellington no longer in busines

Shanghai
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Orange Apartments VicCentral Wellington no longer in busines

This hotel has gone out of business, we found out when we arrived to check in and were very dissapointed.

As an alternative we could book a room at the Orange Apartment Southern Cross just at the corner of Cuba Street.

Rooms at NZ$ 99.-

New Zealand
Level Contributor
326 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orange Apartments VicCentral Wellington no longer in busines

I too am disappointed to learn that this place is no longer available. We stayed there a couple of years ago and were hoping to stay there again later this year. It was such a handy inexpensive place to stay!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,099 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orange Apartments VicCentral Wellington no longer in busines

Orange Apartments on the Terrace are now operating as "Big Central 169 The Terrace."

The Orange Apartments website has been disabled.

It would appear that there has been a change in the management structure and thus Orange Apartments are no more.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
326 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orange Apartments VicCentral Wellington no longer in busines

"beanb41" would you know of a website for the newly named apartments at 169 The Terrace, please???

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,099 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orange Apartments VicCentral Wellington no longer in busines

Im sorry I cant help. I have tried to ring them but all I get is a recorded message saying they are out and that they are no longer Orange Apartments.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
326 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orange Apartments VicCentral Wellington no longer in busines

Thank you very much for going to the trouble to ring the formerly 'Orange Apartments.' We are always amazed at the lengths TA members go to to help one another so all I can say is "Thanks Again!"

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orange Apartments VicCentral Wellington no longer in busines

I'm pretty sure these apartments (still called VicCentral, not Big Central) have been swallowed up by Victoria University, apart from the random privately owned one. They are listed on the Victoria University accommodation listing as one of their halls: Wellington is extremely short of student rooms, and so the university is working harder to secure rooms for its students.

7. Re: Orange Apartments VicCentral Wellington no longer in busines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, September 28, 2009