We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River Rafting from Tauranga

Which Tauranga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans
Level Contributor
103 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
River Rafting from Tauranga

We will be coming to Tauranga for one day arriving by cruise ship - Mt. Maungaui Wharves.

Which river rafting companies so you recommend that pick up in Tauranga and take you to Wairoa River for White water rafting?

We are looking for companies that pick up in Tauranga as we don't want to drive to Rotorua.

Thank you!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,265 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: River Rafting from Tauranga

Rafting on the Wairoa is controlled by a hydro dam and only happens 26 days a year, on a Sunday every two weeks. Hopefully you're arriving on a Sunday. And only Rotorua companies run trips on the river so you would need to deal with them; River Rats & Wet 'n Wild are two I know that do, do the Wairoa. If the timing is right they will probably have an arrangement where they can collect you from the wharf.

New Orleans
Level Contributor
103 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: River Rafting from Tauranga

Thank you! Do you think the companies are similar in quality and safety?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,265 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: River Rafting from Tauranga

Both companies are reputable and long standing businesses but I have no knowledge if one is better than the other. I think your decision will depend on how your itinerary fits in with their schedule.

New Orleans
Level Contributor
103 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: River Rafting from Tauranga

Thank you!

5. Re: River Rafting from Tauranga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, September 03, 2015