We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recomendation in Tauranga

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recomendation in Tauranga

Which would be your recomendation for a good restaurant for dinning in Tauranga/Mt.Maunganui area? Maybe fish but could also be meat.

I will be staying in the Oceanside Twin Towers, will have no car but wouldn´t care to take a taxi.

I have been looking at the Wharf Street Restaurant but it seems to have closed down in August. Other option is the Halo Lounge and Dinning.

Any other recomendation for my two nights there?

Thank you

Jose

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,159 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recomendation in Tauranga

Jose

I am sure our lady of the Bay "Zappers" will find you somewhere special to dine.

Not long now before you are back in GODZOWN.

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recomendation in Tauranga

Nice to hear from you Mike.

Just over a month now for my flight to Auckland.

See you

Jose

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,447 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recomendation in Tauranga

Jose you're spoilt for choice and there's plenty within walking distance-

Just a few yards from the hotel's front entrance is a very popular place that has won many awards Mount Bistro. Just walked past it today and thought we must return soon! In the other direction, under you're hotel and across the road from the Main Beach is a great little cafe called Slowfish. The Mount main street which has many restaurants is 1/2km walk away. Top of the list here would be the Astrolabe(a great bar too), Latitude 37(excellent fish dishes) and Volantis Cafe. If you want a great fine dining experience in a warm and friendly small family restaurant (but you would need to catch a taxi) try Somerset Cottage in Bethleham. this is Zappers's family favourite.

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recomendation in Tauranga

Thank you Zappers. I will have a look at the list.

Jose

5. Re: Restaurant recomendation in Tauranga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 17, 2010