We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Taupo

Gold Coast Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Taupo

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be spending 18 days on a driving tour around the North Island in Dec/Jan, and we'll be in Taupo Christmas Day.

As we'll be a long way from our families on this day, I was wondering if there was anywhere in Taupo that has a nice Christmas lunch, that we could enjoy?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Sam

Mentioned in this post
North Island
North Island
New Zealand
Taupo
Taupo
Taupo District, New Zealand
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
746 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Taupo

We had Christmas lunch at the Hilton a few years back and really enjoyed it. It was very busy and I had booked quite some time in advance so suggest you do the same if you are interested. I have an idea they emailed me their Christmas Day menu also.

Gold Coast Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Taupo

Thanks Kiwi-crawler. I've sent them an email today.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Taupo

http://www.greatlaketaupo.com/

Send an email to the above tourist information centre in Taupo. They may have a listing of restaurants open for Christmas Day lunch or dinner.

A lovely Plan B would be to grocery shop for picnic items on Christmas Eve and picnic on the shores of Lake Taupo for Christmas Lunch? A lot of accommodations in Taupo have onsite barbies (some waterfront motels where each unit has a balcony have barbies on each balcony) so maybe a picnic on the lakeshore for lunch and a barbie Christmas evening?

Mentioned in this post
Taupo
Taupo
Taupo District, New Zealand
Lake Taupo
Lake Taupo
297 Reviews
North Island, New Zealand
Gold Coast Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Taupo

Thanks expat, I'll email them today. And thanks for the great Plan B suggestion.

5. Re: Christmas in Taupo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, November 04, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Taupo