We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Zealand north island tour

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New Zealand north island tour

My husband and I are traveling to New Zealand in April and our first halt it Auckland. The next morning we plan to leave for Rotorua and spend 2 days there. Post that we will move to the South Island. I have few questions.

1. Shall we rent a car for these 2 days in Rotorua, I heard it might be expensive and there are good bus options available there, however I do want to visit the waitomo caves. So do I check into my hotel in Rotorua and then take a bus to waitomo? As I will have my baggage with me? Plz help

2. Also can I roam around in Rotorua without a bus and see all that Rotorua and taupo have ?

3. After our Rotorua stay shall we come back to Auckland and then take a flight for Queenstown or is it advised to take a flight from Rotorua to Queenstown, I checked the flights are expensive from Rotorua to Queenstown. Plz help

Thanks. Shilpa

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,955 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Zealand north island tour

Duplicate post - suggest you remove it to avoid confusion.

2. Re: New Zealand north island tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 21, 2014