We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycle rentals in Taupo

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
49 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Bicycle rentals in Taupo

My husband and I will be spending some time in Taupo during RWC in September, and we were wondering if there was a shop in town where we could rent bikes one day. We would prefer road bikes so we can do some exploring that way, but would consider mountain bikes if there are some good, and not too difficult trails. We are both fairly experienced road cyclists.

Also, I don't really like riding in super cold weather; are the temps in mid Sept likely to be above 11 or 12 degrees C? Thanks in advance for any advice. Less than 4 months to go for a trip that we have been planning for a long time.

Sue

Taupo, New Zealand
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bicycle rentals in Taupo

Hi Sue,

There are two shops in town that rent bikes.I will get details later for you.

September is start of spring and can be changeable but not bitterly cold.

Taupo has a number of very good trails going past some of the best scenery in Taupo(eg The Huka Falls)

Talk Later

John

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
49 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bicycle rentals in Taupo

John, Thanks so much for the update. I appreciate you looking into this for me.

Sue

Taupo, New Zealand
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bicycle rentals in Taupo

I have found two hire places.Tri Trikes with rentals for road use only (triangle@world-net.co.nz) or Pack and Pedal who have a wide range of bikes and are open 7days. Both places will have maps of the trails around Taupo.

There are a number of trails and rides only minutes from town centre.

Most motels will be able to help with your selection and can pre order for you if required.

Enjoy your stay in Taupo

John

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
49 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bicycle rentals in Taupo

Awesome info; thanks so much!

5. Re: Bicycle rentals in Taupo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:32 am, May 28, 2012