We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Taupo

sheffield
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Taupo

My husband and I have booked 4 nights over christmas staying at the top ten site .

Will restaurants be open in Taupo to book a christmas dinner ?

taupo
Level Contributor
720 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Taupo

The Bayview Wairakei put on a fantastic Christmas Lunch and evening meal.

www.wairakei.co.nz

You need to book ahead as it is so popular.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
746 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Taupo

The Hilton Lake Taupo Hotel would also be a fantastic place to dine. I am not sure if they still do a special Christmas lunch and dinner but you could email them to find out. Other than that the Taupo i-site should be able to help with what's likely to be open on Christmas day - www.greatlaketaupo.com

taupo
Level Contributor
720 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Taupo

Last year, the Hilton was only open for staying guests on Christmas Day.

You never know though, it would be worth asking again.

The i-site do not have a list of Restaurants that are open. I had asked them myself last year. It would be helpful if they took the time to compile a list for tourists in town. I will ask Gail the manager if this is possible and post on the forum.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
746 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Taupo

That's a good idea gaye as I'm sure it would be very useful for the i-site to list Christmas Day restaurants that are open in the area. This is something that all i-sites could perhaps consider doing.

We had Christmas Day lunch two years ago at what is now the Hilton and it was very popular with non-guests. They probably have more in-house guests to cater for now it is the Hilton.

I hope you manage to find somewhere Sheffield-travelers.

Taupo
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Taupo

The following four properties are offering dining on Christmas Day 2010:

Bistro Lago at Hilton Lake Taupo: +64 7 378 7080; www.bistrolago.co.nz

Open for Xmas Lunch and Xmas Dinner

Copthorne Hotel Taupo: +64 7 376 0116; milleniumhotels.co.nz/copthornetaupo/index.h…

Open for Xmas Dinner

Millenium Manuels: +64 7 378 5110; www.manuels.co.nz

Open for Xmas Lunch to public & Xmas Dinner for guests only

Wairakei Resort: +64 7 374 8021; www.wairakei.co.nz

Open for Xmas Dinner

Bookings will be essential

Gail at Taupo i-SITE Visitor Centre

taupo62
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas in Taupo

Gail, great to see you have joined the post.

Many thanks for taking the time to check out the Restaurants and answer the Xmas day question.

Keep up the good work at the i-site.

7. Re: Christmas in Taupo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, April 04, 2011