We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NZ component Rotorua/Taupo

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
NZ component Rotorua/Taupo

Hi again in this forum

Zappers what's going on - here is a suprise

You may recall our planned trip, well the schedule is together and I was checking on the NZ flights Auck - Rotorua a week or so back and could not get there on the planned 15 March, so got the Travel Agent to check, same deal (maybe the cheaper flights) so bought the start date forward one day (14)and booked and paid for return on the 21March Rotorua - Auckland

I had not quite figured the whole plan for here but now thinking with the additional day (6 full plus two in/out) I maybe better to change and fly out out Taupo

Anyway I thought it was interesting that before I fully booked/paid for the 'big ticket' this segment is fianalised (air)

ausnomad

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,373 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NZ component Rotorua/Taupo

You could if Taupo had an airport! :)

Seriously, they do have an airport but not a commercial flight sized one. Drive time between Rotorua and Taupo is only an hour (40 mins if you're in my car) so it won't be an issue to get back to Rotorua from wherever you end up. The extra day is good news you really will be able to have a good look around the Bay of Plenty- stetching from Taupo to the south, Whakatane out east, Tauranga/Mt Maunganui, north east and Rotorua in the centre.

PS- I take it the "surprise" is my pink lady! :) Too many wines I would say.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NZ component Rotorua/Taupo

Zappers

Well 'she is a surprise' but no I was raving on about I had to book /pay for the NZ one so early

I didn't realise the airport was so small, yet Air NZ do run there

Thanks for those ideas I'll look @ those

ausnomad

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,373 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NZ component Rotorua/Taupo

Yes, after I posted I checked to see and you're right they do fly in to Taupo, but it is a very small airport (no traffic control) and it's mainly used for skidiving and scenic flights. Hope I haven't given you a "bum steer" !

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NZ component Rotorua/Taupo

Zappers

not at all mate that's good info - think the original plan is better

use the road to and from

cheers

ausnomad

5. Re: NZ component Rotorua/Taupo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, August 12, 2009