We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rotorua car hire

Which Rotorua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Rotorua car hire

Are there any car hire companies offering car hire itself in rotorua and dropping car back at rotorua as want to fly from roturua to christchurch and also , any car company offering minimum 3 days car rental ....Jucy doesnt offer car for hire from roturua ....

Edited: 8:18 am, October 26, 2012
Tauranga
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rotorua car hire

Hi try Avis/Budget or Hertz, all good.try www.budget.co.nz Avis and Budget are owned by the same company in the USA.

Rotorua New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rotorua car hire

Avis, Budget , Thrifty have offices at the airport but there are several other rental car firms with offices in Rotorua city. If you pre- book, most companies will meet you at the airport.

It would pay to google rental cars Rotorua and phone or email the company you choose for rates & conditions. To save any arguments afterwards, read the conditions thoroughly so you understand what is included and what is extra. Reading several threads on T/A, hiring cars seems to be full of catches, worldwide.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rotorua car hire

I plan to drive from Auckland to Rotorua, and take a flight out from Rotorua to Christchurch.

Googled some of the car rental companies with branches in Rotorua:

Jucy (able to drop car off in Rotorua through their "partners")

Thrifty (with one-way fee of $135-145)

Budget (with one-way fee of $135-145)

Europcar (with one-way fee of $135-145)

NZ Rent A Car (Extremely cheap prices, but rarely mentioned in forums. Any catch that we should know of?)

My only trouble is that I'm flying out from Rotorua on an early morning flight (on Sunday), and offices are only open at 8.00am! Might drop the car a day earlier though, since I won't be needing the car for our night trip to one of those Maori cultural villages offering hotel pickups.

What do you think? Or should I just take a bus from Auckland, and only rent a car in Rotorua instead?

Cedar Falls, Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rotorua car hire

We hired a car from Rent a Dent in Rotorua, and it was everything we hoped for. In addition to a clean, functional car, the staff were friendly (hysterically funny, actually) and helpful. And we stayed on the right side of the road for two days. They offered a cheap dropoff back at our hotel, too.

5. Re: Rotorua car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 05, 2014