We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation enquiry

Which Rotorua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation enquiry

Does anyon know if there are any motels in Rotorua with private genuine spa pool in their courtyard? I have phoned numbers of motels with private spa pools in courtyard. But none of them is filled with genuine sulphur water.

Cheers, James

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
30,938 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation enquiry

I don't think they are allowed to tap the natural hot water anymore as it was causing major problems with the geysers. Also many people complain about the smell on their skin & there were even deaths years ago in poorly ventilated bath-houses.

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation enquiry

I stayed at the Havana motel earlier this year. They have two mineral pools by reception, and their swimming pool is geothermally heated. Not sure of the sulphur content in their mineral pools though. There was a chemical analysis of the water that I looked at, but I can't remember what level sulphur was.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation enquiry

I doubt you'll find a mineral pool at a hotel, you'll find that most have a thermally heated one though,

even the iSite has a pool out front.

I bought a thermal minerals mud pack from the gift shop at Whakarewarewa, you can put in yer bath!!

Once you visit the thermal park you'll see why you won't get any natural spring pools.

4. Re: Accommodation enquiry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, June 19, 2013