We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights in Rotorua in August

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights in Rotorua in August

My parents are coming to visit my husband & I from the UK in August and we are going to go to NZ for 3 nights.

We plan to arrive on a Thursday to Auckland and stay near the airport for the night. Then we will hire a car and drive to Rotorua for 2 nights but have no idea the best place to stay. Ideally it would be great to get a two bedroom and somewhere with a spa that is close to restaurants. Is there anywhere like this?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights in Rotorua in August

Hi

We have on several occasions stayed at the Boulevard Motel and willl not hestitate to stay there again when next needing accommodation in Rotorua.

www.boulevardrotorua.co.nz

Feilding, New...
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights in Rotorua in August

The website www.rotoruaNZ.com could be helpful?

You should have no problem finding suitable accommodation in August. Just check 'events' on the Rotorua website.

Did you realise there are direct flights Sydney to Rotorua on a Tuesday or a Saturday with Air New Zealand?

Brisbane, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights in Rotorua in August

check out www.booking.com Just put in the area and dates and it will give you all the accommodation available at that time.

Then check them out here. I found a great 2 bedroom place for October with excellent reviews called Malfroy Motor Lodge - pretty good prices too.

NEW ZEALAND
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights in Rotorua in August

If you have a vehicle our city is quite compact so staying at Regal Palms or Tuscany Villas is very lovely along Fenton Street. When you book just ask for a spa room.

5. Re: 2 nights in Rotorua in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, October 03, 2012