We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire - Pick up Auckland, Drop off Rotorua

Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire - Pick up Auckland, Drop off Rotorua

Hi, tried apex rentals, your way and jucy but none of them offer the option of picking up the car at Auckland Airport ( coming in from Singapore ) and dropping it off at Rotorua ( flying out to Queenstown ).

Some help on possible car rental firms which offer this option would be very helpful. Saves driving from Roturua to Auckland just to give the car back and then fly to Queenstown.

Singapore
Level Contributor
292 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire - Pick up Auckland, Drop off Rotorua

Hi, are you travelling during summer? Many car hire companies impose a minimum 7-day rental during summer. I am bound by this too - I will be paying for a 7-day hire though my usage is only 5 or 6 days. There is no refund for unused travel but the total amount (including GPS and reduction of excess to nil) is still much cheaper than the big boys, so I'm willing to pay for the 7-day. I will get a car from Omega (booked through http://fetchcarhirenewzealand.co.nz/)

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire - Pick up Auckland, Drop off Rotorua

We had a similar problem. In the end we booked with Europcar, cost is £81 for 3 days which is not too bad, but worth it so that we did not have to change our itinerary.

Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire - Pick up Auckland, Drop off Rotorua

Thanks a lot. I guess will have to go with Avis for car hire. Pretty expensive though but no choice.

Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire - Pick up Auckland, Drop off Rotorua

Hi Tiramisho, that is a GOOD website. I can clearly see savings of 200 dollars here. Thanks a ton.

Singapore
Level Contributor
292 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire - Pick up Auckland, Drop off Rotorua

You should thank AHWBeverly. I got that from him/her too ;) I saved about SGD200 too!!

6. Re: Car Hire - Pick up Auckland, Drop off Rotorua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:30 am, May 25, 2010