We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air conditioning in October?

Which Rotorua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Air conditioning in October?

Can anyone tell me if air conditioning is a good idea in Rotorua hotel in October?

I need to know as I am between booking Top 10 or Best Western Braeside? Only Top 10 has A/C. Thanks.

taupo
Level Contributor
720 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air conditioning in October?

You would not need air con in October. It's not hot

in October. Temp would be anything from 15C to 22C approx.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air conditioning in October?

Thanks for the advice. I guess October is sind of spring going on to summer, maybe like May here in Vancouver. Thanks

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,276 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air conditioning in October?

Very few NZ homes or offices have AC. It is seldom necessary even in mid-summer.

Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
3,843 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air conditioning in October?

It depends a lot on the direction that a building is facing and how much glass is facing the sun. With a Northerly to westerly aspect the late afternoon sun can be very hot into vehicles and buildings.

Buildings can generaly shade the sun with the use of blinds etc, however that is not the case with vehicles.

In Christchurch, Airconditioning is essential from October onward in passenger coaches to ensure comfort, and good heating is also required on the same day after the sun goes down.

The warmer weather starts earlier the further north one travels in NZ, so if you have an option of Airconditioning, the choice is yours, it may need to be used early evening, but it will not be needed at night time

Vancouver
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air conditioning in October?

Thanks for the help. I can't wait to visit!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,049 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air conditioning in October?

If the current weather patterns continue you better bring your winter woolies. The Mt Ruapehu skifields are looking at running well into November and possibly December. Thats not winter in this country or at least it wasnt until Global warming started

7. Re: Air conditioning in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, September 30, 2009