We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highlights

Which Napier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Delhi
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Highlights

We have a couple of days to spend in and around Napier - what are the best places to go, any good (value for money) restaurants?

Auckland
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Highlights

If you want a sandy beach (Napiers is very stony) head south to Ocean Beach.

And if you're into wine, try www.grapeescapes.co.nz - a very friendly and knowledgeable company.

Auckland
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Highlights

oops - wrong url.

Try http://www.grapeescapenz.co.nz/

Gisborne, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Highlights

I would certainly recommend The Mission Winery if you want a memorable dinner, it's no more expensive than the restaurants in town, but the service and general ambience is fantastic. We always go there for special occasions.

If you are travelling by car and the weather is fine a trip to Te Mata Peak is well worth it. This is the highest point in Hawkes Bay and the views are amazing. En route you can visit several wineries and The Te Mata cheese factory, The Honey Experience and just generally take in the wonderful landscape. Then on to Ocean Beach or Waimarama for long sandy surf beaches.

That's just a tiny amount of what Napier and Hawkes Bay have to offer... I haven't even mentioned The Art Deco!!

Enjoy your stay, I'm sure you will.

Happy to answer any specific questions.

I have lived here for 14 years.

4. Re: Highlights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, May 15, 2010