We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Please

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire England
Level Contributor
522 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Help Please

Hi

Me and my partner late 30's are coming down next jun/july at the moment the plan is;

Stopover In Singapore

Sydney 6 nights (5 full days) old Sydney Hilton Rocks area

Ayres Rock 2 Nights Outback (think im changing to lost camel

after reports seen on trip)

Ayres Rock to Auckland (late arrival so five nights 4 days) The

Quadrant Apartments (again as advised on trip)

fiji 5 nights matamanoa island

could anybody advise if local transport is available to get to The

Cromodal or Rotura we would prefer not to hire a car as we have both been known to have a few beers! and I love going on buses abroad (never ever use them at home) My idea with Auckland was there seemed to be quite a lot to see and do in surrounding areas without killing ourselves we like cities and appreciate we are only scratching the surface but would like to see some of the real NZ. Also my partner is now saying we should do the South Island as well, we would again only be able to manage a few days say four.

would you recommend Christchurch? as a good location to get out and about and see some of what the South has to offer, we want to cram in as much as possible but we like to do things at our own pace rather than organised trips, we tend to jump on local city tour buses and that kind of thing. Many thanks in anticipation of

your kind assistance.

Lancashire England
Level Contributor
522 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Please

Me again, I have just re-read some of the replies to my earlier posting regarding the weather. There is alot of info there regarding

getting out and about in Auckland so apologies for repeating the

? (I am getting myself confused! i have print offs and notes all

over the place) Please do comment on any aspects of the help please posting.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,252 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Please

scoobz1, just to confirm, how many nights/days do you actually have in NZ?

Lancashire England
Level Contributor
522 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Please

Hi Zappers

we have five nights four full days in Auckland we are thinking we could do about the same in Christchurch?? Coukld you recommend a decent hotel/apartment location is the priority.

Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
495 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Please

We have just returned from a month in North Island and had a wonderful stay, except perhaps for the rainfall in Wellington.

However, we saw Auckland when we stayed two nights on our return from Bay of Islands and it was plenty of time. We had previously been advised not to consider a longer stay, and as always, the advisors here were right.

We took a Newmans Sightseeing Coach Tour, from Auckland to Rotorua which included a tour of Waitomo caves. We were headed for a few days in Rotorua and did not want to drive. It was most enjoyable. The driver, Lee, was informative about everything and everywhere on the route and stopped off in several interesting places. I would recommend this tour as a cheap way to see the country.

5. Re: Help Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 25, 2009