We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central Accommodation In Auckland

Outer Hebrides...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Central Accommodation In Auckland

Hi Can anyone suggest a mid priced hotel in Central Auckland for my 11 yr old son and myself? I will be travelling to NZ to see my son for his school hols in January and am looking for somewhere nice but reasonable for our last 2 nights together. I have booked a meal in the Sky Tower for our last night so would really like somewhere that is easily to get to from the tower. Look forward to any aadvice. Many thanks

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,317 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central Accommodation In Auckland

Try the Heritage Towers, a short 5 min walk from the Sky Tower, Viaduct Basin and the main shopping area of Queen Street. The Tower part of the complex (as opposed to the Hotel) is newer and nicer.

www.nz-holiday.co.nz/heritage.auckland/

AUCKLAND.N.Z.
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Central Accommodation In Auckland

Hi Sealever.

Take a look at THE AUCKLAND CITY HOTEL. in Beach Street.

www.aucklandcityhotel.co.nz

Twin Room with ensuite....79 dollars

or Double bed, and single bed, 94.dollars n.z.

Take a look at the photos on the Web Site and see how nice it is.

Also a map, which shows you how close you are to the water,and the Domain.

Short walk to the VIADUCT BASIN, where there is always something happening on the water,or land, lots to see.

Maritime Museum, Ferry Trips across the water to Devonpot, or if you want to go further, Waiheke Island.

It is also a short walk to the Auckland Domain, where the Beautiful Old War Memorial Museum is,and the Botanical Gardens.

5 Minutes by Taxi, will get you over the hill,and to SKY TOWER, for your dinner.

If you are heading for the revolving Restaurant, or the One below, which is Smogasboard, you will love the view.

We often go to Orbit for special occassions.

Have a nice stay in Auckland.

cheers

Wayne

Outer Hebrides...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central Accommodation In Auckland

Many thanks Zappers. Had a look at your suggestion and think it might just be a bit too grown up for my son. Would love to stay there if it was my husband and I so will definately keep a note of it for future trips. DO you have any other ideas that are more suitable for families? Really appreciate any assistance

Northland, New...
Level Contributor
700 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Central Accommodation In Auckland

Try The Quadrant.....

http://www.thequadrant.com/

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,317 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central Accommodation In Auckland

I know what you're saying Sealever but in fact it's actually quite child friendly, my niece & nephew (6 & 8) have stayed with us there, the pool area is excellent. I like the fact that the rooms are bigger and you have full kitchen and laundry facilities available, a bit like an apertment. The Quadrant has been getting great comments on TA and being fairly new was offering some good deals so maybe that will suit you better.

6. Re: Central Accommodation In Auckland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, August 23, 2009