We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap hostel or backpackers with double room for family

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap hostel or backpackers with double room for family

Hi

I am looking to find a good deal on a hotel or hostel that has a double room for 2 adults and a baby while we sort the rental of a house out. As we have a shortlist for rental but not a final choice it could be for a week or two so do not want to stay in an expensive hotel when we arrive.

We are backpacking but with a baby we can't be in a dorm room.

We arrive in 2 weeks in september so trying to pre book now.

t

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap hostel or backpackers with double room for family

I forgot to say I have lived in auckland for 3 months 3 years ago, and will be looking for a house in west auckland, so the hostel does not have to be too central. mount eden, new lynn, anything as far as henderson.

thanks

Northland, New...
Level Contributor
700 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap hostel or backpackers with double room for family

Heres a couple that I know are nice

You would need to enquire as to whether they are able to accomodate your baby - some hostels won't take young children

http://www.pentlands.co.nz/

www.citygardenlodge.co.nz/accommodation.htm

Australia
Level Contributor
365 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap hostel or backpackers with double room for family

Try the BBh Hostels website, they have many highly rated hostels in Auckalnd, one that comes to mind that I have stayed at is Verandahs. www.bbh.co.nz

Ponsonby, Auckland
Level Contributor
61 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap hostel or backpackers with double room for family

Verandahs Backpackers Lodge is a very nice place and according to a friend of mine who has stayed in many, the best in Auckland. It is also in Ponsonby which is the most interesting places in the city.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap hostel or backpackers with double room for family

Thank you " LuptonLodge " Pentland was just the ticket and have been there 4 weeks now. Even moved into the appartment and so have own kitchen and bathroom. Lots of nice people too and great area, thanks again

tristan

Northland, New...
Level Contributor
700 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap hostel or backpackers with double room for family

Glad to hear its working out well for you.....

Italy
Level Contributor
846 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap hostel or backpackers with double room for family

hi lupton can you provide me with information about whangarei falls? How I can reach this place if I haven't a car? are there transport or local tours? What other thing to do in Whangarei?

thanks

8. Re: Cheap hostel or backpackers with double room for family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 31, 2009