We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auckland Airport

Boston...
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Auckland Airport

Is the Airbus Express the easiest/cheapest way to get to/from Auckland Airport if I am staying right on Queen Street in downtown?

Also, if I have a 14:15 (2:15 pm) flight, domestic, what time would I need to leave to head to the airport? Would leaving central Auckland at 12 work? I will be taking the Airbus Express back to the airport.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
13,923 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Auckland Airport

Hi again,

I consistently find the Airbus works well for my destination in the downtown area. The buses are efficient and affordable, and the regular services departing every 10 - 15 minutes during day-time make journey planning easy.

All the drivers will ask where you are heading and point out directions to reach accommodation at the various stops en route.

For a return journey, buy a return ticket which works out cheaper - providing you use the ticket within the timeframe allotted.

A midday bus or slightly earlier from Queen St is sufficient time to reach the airport and checkin within the required time.

2. Re: Auckland Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 06, 2015