We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Auckland to Hamilton for rugby game

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Auckland to Hamilton for rugby game

My son will be staying in Skycity in Auckland, he has purchased tickets to a rugby game in Hamilton, our question is how do we get from Auckland to Hamilton, if by bus where does the bus drop you off in Hamilton. How do you get to the stadium from the bus drop off. He has a hotel booked right close to the Waikato Stadium, and the other question is how does he get back to Auckland, what are the times of the buses, and where do they pick you up from.

Someone I talked to mentioned about renting a private car, I can only imagine that would be a huge price. Would LOVE ANYONES HELP.

Toots

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Auckland to Hamilton for rugby game

The two bus companies Intercity and Naked Bus both stop at Hamilton Transport Centre the corner of Anglesea and Bryce Streets. Waikato Stadium is about 1.5km away, on Goggle maps this is marked as Waikato Rugby Union. Your son will have to decide if he is comfortable or if it is feasible to walk. Most local buses leave from Transport centre and the route 9 Bus Nawton goes past the stadium www.busit.co.nz/Hamilton-routes/Nawton/. Depending on where he is staying there may be a more suitable bus route. The short bus trip would cost NZ$3.30. There is also a taxi stand at the transport centre and wouldn’t cost that much for such a short distance.

Intercity and Naked bus travel from Hamilton to Auckland relatively frequently, Intercity has more options. A search on their websites will give you the times for dates of travel.

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Auckland to Hamilton for rugby game

www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm…

Naked bus in media for all wrong reasons redently

Alberta
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Auckland to Hamilton for rugby game

Off hand do you know how much a taxi would cost from the Tansport Centre to the Arena Court Motor Lodge? It is just a lot easier to take a taxi sometimes. Thanks for any help you can give me.

toots

4. Re: Transportation from Auckland to Hamilton for rugby game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:49 am, March 17, 2015