We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I buy a SIM card at Auckland airport?

Auckland Central...
2 posts
Save Topic
Can I buy a SIM card at Auckland airport?

A friend of mine is arriving in Auckland tomorrow. I tried to buy him a SIM card for him to use at one of the 2 degrees shops, but they were sold out. I didn't have time to go to any other shops to buy the card. So I wish I could buy one at the airport when I meet him there tomorrow? Can anyone tell me whether there are tele-com shops at the airport?

Thank you.

Pokeno, New Zealand
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I buy a SIM card at Auckland airport?

Yup. Walk through security and look slightly to the left on the far wall.

There are two stores there, selling SIM cards.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,151 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I buy a SIM card at Auckland airport?

2 Degrees are hopeless sometimes - "sold out" of SIM cards! Happened to me one time when I arrived at AKL with a group. Our bus driver took us to a Petrol Station who had plenty.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I buy a SIM card at Auckland airport?

I also understand that you can pick up a free 'tourist' SIM card for 2 degrees from the AIRBUS

4. Re: Can I buy a SIM card at Auckland airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 09, 2015