We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest Starbucks to Auckland International

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Closest Starbucks to Auckland International

I have a 3 hour layover in Auckland and want to get a few mugs from Starbucks. Where is the closest Starbucks to Auckland International Airport? Thanks!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,040 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest Starbucks to Auckland International

I think there in one in Onehunga which is about 11ks from the airport.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest Starbucks to Auckland International

Although the closest is at Sylvia Park, the easiest to get to is on Queen Street, right in the CBD - you can get there on the Airbus in about 40 minutes (unless travelling at peak time) and it is $26 return.

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
3,898 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest Starbucks to Auckland International

... However, only 3hrs probably isn't enough a layover to safely get through customs, into town and back and again get through security etc.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,040 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest Starbucks to Auckland International

Sylvia Park is a lot further away from the airport than Onehunga.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
5,977 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest Starbucks to Auckland International

OK, list of Starbucks Auckland stores here.

http://www.starbucks.co.nz/stores/auckland/

There is no Onehunga store, so the best options would be the two stores in Queen Street, due to being close to the airbus route.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Closest Starbucks to Auckland International

On the NZ Starbucks store location list it is hard to tell where the stores are just by name, and without map. Also, I find the list is not up to date for many countries. So, I phoned the Queen Street store and they did confirm the Onehunga store is closed. They said the closest Starbucks would be Botany Downs but it is about a 20min. drive from the airport, too far for my time limit! Too bad.

I will just have to try to visit New Zealand for a longer time so I can add to my mug collection!

Thank you so much for all your quick help!!! TripAdvisor friends are the best!!!

7. Re: Closest Starbucks to Auckland International

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Auckland Central