We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auckland Cruise Port

ontario
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Auckland Cruise Port

What is the easiest way to get from the Intercity bus terminal in Auckland city to the Auckland cruise port ? We will be arriving from Hamilton NZ on an Intercity bus and wish to make our way to the Port to start a cruise on the same day.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Auckland Cruise Port

If it is the intercity bus, then this stops on the side of sky city complex in Albert Street and is about a 10 minute walk (downhill) from the bus stop to the cruise port. The Inner link bus route runs from Sky City/ Albert Street to Britomart, if you don't fancy the walk. It is then 2 minutes walk from Britomart to the cruise ship.

If you haven't booked your bus ticket yet, consider using Naked Bus instead of Inner city, as the Naked Bus stop in Auckland city is just a 1 minute walk from the cruise ship.

ontario
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Auckland Cruise Port

Thanks for the helpful info. I think that we will use Intercity Bus and take a taxi from Albert Street to the cruise port. Sounds as if this option will be more pricey for us, but we are familiar with InterCity. I don't like the unfavourable reviews posted about the Naked Bus system.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Auckland Cruise Port

Its only a very short taxi ride, so should be fine (and cheap)....PS. my experience of Naked Bus from several times of using their service, is nothing but good, always on-time, good standard of bus, no problems - but thats just my experience !!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
37 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Auckland Cruise Port

We are considering using Naked Bus. Can you send the link where you found the unfavorable reviews? How can they possibly operate so cheaply? If you used Inner City bus, how did you find their service? Thanks for the advice; we'll be traveling to New Zealand in May.

Auckland
Level Contributor
242 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Auckland Cruise Port

If considering a Taxi, there is usually a string of them waiting around the Hotel entrance of Sky City. Depending on how many people you have (and amount of luggage)...if there are several people, you would need to book a van to transport you [all at the one time].

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Auckland Cruise Port

replying to Rose H regarding Naked Bus....

'How can they possibly operate so cheaply ??' --- in most cases, their fares are exactly the same as the Intercity bus service, so they are not really operating any cheaper than the other bus company that is in competition with them. They do offer occasional very cheap tickets, but these are few and far between.

I consider Naked Bus to be equally good and reliable as Intercity IN MY EXPERIENCE.

I have read a few negative reviews about them, and these tend to mostly be to do with inflexibility and costs incurred when trying to change tickets - but the cheaper fares on Intercity have similar inflexibility aswell.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
37 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Auckland Cruise Port

Thank you all for the helpful information.

8. Re: Auckland Cruise Port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 08, 2014