We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

availability of a prepaid calling card at Auckland airport

Pune-India
1 post
Save Topic
availability of a prepaid calling card at Auckland airport

We will be travelling widely in NZ , north & south islands, My son has a calling card with international roaming facility. I need basically to be in touch with him in case we need to co-ordinate our activities. Whic card is good for this & in what denominations is it available ?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: availability of a prepaid calling card at Auckland airport

2degrees Sim card would be the best and cheapest for calling and SMS text messaging. You can buy in $10 or $20 or more top-ups. Top-ups are readily available at most corner stores, supermarkets, service stations, newsagents etc.

vancouver
Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: availability of a prepaid calling card at Auckland airport

We just came back and used 2 degrees and it was great. Only problem was we needed a micro sim for an iPhone 4S and not many places carried the micro sim and even less knew where to buy one or that there were different types of sims bThey didn't carry them in the Auckland airport. Had to go to dick smiths

Wairarapa, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: availability of a prepaid calling card at Auckland airport

You mean calling card as in ones you use on landlines and payphones, not as in a SIM card that goes in your mobile phone.

Most retail stores will sell you a calling card - there are multiple brands and it depends on what pricing they offer. I used a rechargable "Yabba" card in my first year at university on my dorm's phone line (which had a toll bar on it) - most commonly I used it to find my lost mobile phone.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: availability of a prepaid calling card at Auckland airport

This is my 4th time visiting Auckland tonight. I got a 2degrees cell phone + $20 top up for $45 AUD at the duty free shop just in front of Customs next to the toilets.

Theres a Telecom NZ just near the Airbus Express bus stop at the international Airport.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: availability of a prepaid calling card at Auckland airport

I got a 2degrees SIM and my phone seems to be roaming on the vodaphone network more than 2degrees so I might recommend going with vodaphone, but then again it might just be my phone.

6. Re: availability of a prepaid calling card at Auckland airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 25, 2014