We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel within easy distance from Airport for one night

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
336 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel within easy distance from Airport for one night

I will be touring the Bay of Islands from Nov 22-24. I have a flight to Invercargill on Nov 25th morning from Auckland.

Can someone recommend a hotel within easy distance of the Auckland airport for just the one night. Hoping to spend less than $NZ100 ifpossible.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel within easy distance from Airport for one night

There are a few options.....

BELLA VISTA EXPRESS - good hotel about 3 minutes from airport by complimentary shuttle bus - standard room is just over NZ$100

JET PARK - on the same stretch of road as BELLA VISTA, has the advantage of having a proper on site restaurant. Jet park is a slightly older hotel, but good.

Again, slightly over NZ$100

SUDIMA - similar area to the 2 above but very newly built, has on-site restaurant. I think this one might be about NZ$140

FORMULE ONE - This is opposite the Countdown/Warehouse shopping area, and is about 1 minute shuttle bus ride from the airport - this will be the cheapest of the 4 - probably about NZ$80-90

Personally, I have stayed at Bella Vista several times and always been very happy so would go back there.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel within easy distance from Airport for one night

I think that they might have 're-branded' FORMULE ONE as IBIS BUDGET HOTEL.....

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
336 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel within easy distance from Airport for one night

Thank you for responding.

Is BELLA VISTA EXPRESS good for more than 1 night ? Would it be convenient (if by public transportation) to use as a base to see the rest of Auckland for 4 nights

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel within easy distance from Airport for one night

Personally I would never suggest staying in the airport area for more than 1 night, using it as a base to see Auckland. The only reason to my mind to stay in this area is after a late flight or before an early flight.

Otherwise, it is a much better option to jump straight on the AIRBUS and stay somewhere in Auckland city.

It is a 40 minute journey from the airport to the city, and you don't want to be doing that journey backwards and forwards every day.

Can give you some suggestions of good places in Auckland city for 4 nights....

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
336 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel within easy distance from Airport for one night

Please do provide some suggestions of good places in Auckland city for 4 nights

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel within easy distance from Airport for one night

In roughly the same price range as the hotels mentionned above (NZ$100-$150), I would suggest one of the following places that are right in the heart of Auckland CBD and very well located for exploring the city....

CELESTION WALDORF

AUCKLAND HARBOUR OAKS

QUEST ON QUEEN

ELLIOT HOTEL

There are hundreds of other choices, but these are all well located, nicely appointed apartment style hotels, good value for money, and I have personally stayed at all of them.

7. Re: Hotel within easy distance from Airport for one night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 26, 2013